We have access to mortgage products designed for qualified homebuyers who have immigrated to Canada, are relocating to Canada by an employer, or an offshore citizen that would like to invest in the Canadian market.
Non-Residents Buying in Canada
There are many lenders that provide mortgages to non-residents whether you are buying a vacation property or purchasing a property for investment.
Non-residents buying in Canada are eligible if the applicant is:
- Considered an acceptable credit risk
- Has a bankers recommendation from country of origin or
- Has confirmation of income (2 years of tax returns)
- Proof of down payment (35% down)
Immigrating to Canada
Now qualified homebuyers who have immigrated or relocated to Canada can qualify for a mortgage for as little as 10% down.
- Have recently immigrated or relocated to Canada within the last 24 months
- Show a minimum of 3 months full time employment in Canada (borrowers being transferred through a corporate relocation program are exempt from this requirement)
- Must have a valid work visa or obtain landed immigrant status
- Must have full disclosure of all financial obligations
- Letter of reference from a recognized financial institution and or an international credit report demonstrating a strong credit profile
- Proof of down payment