Resort life beckons at 3 Okanagan properties

Saturday, June 30th, 2007

High-end lakeside projects offer buyers everything from poolside wine bar to valet boat service


Concord Pacific, the Greata Ranch Vineyard Estates developer, knows how to build and shorline projects, tested and not found wanting on the north shore of False Creek.

The Okanagan has long been synonymous with resort living — in large part because of the expansive vineyards, the sandy beaches and the warm lakes that dot the region’s landscape.

Some lakeside recreational properties in the Okanagan have moved decidedly high-end, offering homebuyers not only spectacular lake views, but everything from a poolside wine bar to valet boat service.

The projects include:

Greata Ranch Vineyard Estates: Concord Pacific has found a great location for its latest recreational project on the Greata Ranch Vineyard Estates, so buyers will find themselves not only close to a sandy beachfront, but also surrounded by 40 acres of working vineyard. There are many building choices, as well, from townhomes of approximately 1,800 sq. ft. in the hillside collection, to detached homes sized from 2,400 sq. ft. to 3,300 sq. ft., in either the lakeside or grand lakeside collection. Prices start at $500,000 to $2 million-plus. All have Mediterranean-inspired architecture where indoor/outdoor living is key. An on-site marina and pool are just some of the features of this resort on Okanagan Lake, 25 minutes south of Kelowna.

More info at:

Indigo: This is such an exclusive resort property that owners entering the resort will gain entry by finger and iris security scanning. Another not-often-seen feature is the amenity of valet boat service at Indigo — the first concrete recreational condominium project on Osoyoos Lake. Located on four acres of beachfront, this is one of the last available lots like it left to be developed on the lake.

When the project is completed there will be an additional 140 homes, and 80 per cent of the homes will have unobstructed water views. Homes range in size from 800 to 1,300 square feet. There will be dockside access for jet ski and small craft users and an on-site pool exclusively for homeowners. The building itself is leaving a minimum environmental footprint and will have geo-thermal heating.

Other features include an NHL-quality gym designed by former NHL’er Ray Ferraro. And for sport buffs, four golf courses are located within minutes from the development. There are also more than 25 wineries within an hour’s drive. More info at:

Watermark Beach Resort Construction has begun on the $75-million Watermark Beach Resort in Osoyoos. The resort is located along 1,000 feet of sandy beach on the shoreline of Osoyoos Lake, a popular vacation destination, judging by how quickly suites sold in Phase 1. When sales began last October, more than 70 per cent of the available suites sold in one day and the remaining 30 per cent are expected to sell out before the end of summer.

The resort’s amenities include a 1,800-sq.-ft. pool, two hot spa pools, a kiddie waterslide, poolside wine bar, restaurant and event space for the town’s festivals, such as the “Christmas Light-up” and local wine tour events.

The average price for a furnished one-bedroom suite runs from the mid-$300,000s to mid-$500,000s.

The four-storey resort is scheduled for completion in 2009.

More info at: www. ownwatermark. com

© The Vancouver Sun 2007

Comments are closed.